Huge thanks to Nara @ Looking for the Panacea for nominating me! She came up with some brilliant questions for me. Thank you Nara!!!!!
1. Thank the blogger who nominated you, linking back to their website.
2. Put the award logo on your blog.
3. Answer the ten questions they’ve sent you.
4. Nominate 10 other bloggers to answer 10 questions that you pose to them
1. Have you read any Brandon Sanderson?
How did I know this was coming? The answer just may kind of be no…sorry Nara 😛
2. Are there any fictional characters you would like to swap lives with?
Anna from Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins. Because PARIS and ETIENNE. Obviously. Why do I bother?
But to be honest, I’m pretty fine with my own life 🙂
3. Most anticipated book of 2015?
But there are sooooo many! I know I’ve gone on about that a lot so I will stop there. However, my favourite book still yet to be released in January would be Love, Lucy by April Lindner.
Cheater? Who, ME?
That is the best gif of my life.
4. If you could swap the covers of any two books, what would they be?
I would swap the cover of Blood Song by Rhiannon Hart with the cover of The Winner’s Curse by Marie Rutkoski. Why? Because I’m really not super keen on the cover of Blood Song and I love the cover of The Winner’s Curse. They both have girls in dresses?
But here’s what I’d do:
I would swap the two cover, make a duplicate copy of the new cover of Blood Song and recolour the hair and dress of the girl so they are different. Then I would send the original looking cover in a jack-in-a-box to The Winner’s Curse and when the box opened it would go BAM (!!!!!) and the old cover would swap over with the Blood Song one.
5. What’s your favourite food?
I’m afraid this gets a very standard answer:
Pizza, chocolate and sushi. All three make up the vital components of life. And we all know what happens when we don’t have life. It gets messy.
6. Was there a book that you were anticipating in 2014 that let you down?
I was kind of expecting a lot more from Tease by Amanda Maciel. It was ok but not for me.
7. What was your favourite movie from 2014?
I LOVED the adaptation of The Book Thief by Markus Zusak. I thought it was absolutely brilliant. But there were loads of amazing movies released last year.
8. Is there a book you would recommend to absolutely everyone?
Les Miserables by Victor Hugo! Or Les Mis if you would prefer. Or Lez Mizzzzz even. I tell you, that would be a thing if it conveyed the brilliantness of Les Mis enough. Seriously, it’s the best thing ever. I’m even listening to the musical soundtrack as I write this because multi-tasking and Les Mis are both splendidly spiffing.
9. How much time do you spend on the internet per day?
Typically, probably somewhere between 1-2 hours unless I’m doing an assignment that requires the internet. But I’m usually you know…What’s it called again? School! However, I’m actually on holidays at the moment and am spending a little (lot) longer on it at the moment.
10. What were your five favourite reads of 2014?
- Masquerade by Kylie Fornasier
- Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins (we’ve been through this)
- Les Miserables by Victor Hugo (obviously)
- Eleanor and Park by Rainbow Rowell
- Legend by Marie Lu
Those were just off the top of my head but there are quite a few more.
Who I’m tagging:
I apologise in advance if you’ve already done this tag! And if you don’t want to do this of course! Don’t worry I’m not making you!
Feel free to say I tagged you! I’m going to stop here because I have a bit of a headache coming on. Naughty thing.
- What’s your all-time favourite movie? The recent adaption of Les Mis?
- Do you classics? If so, what’s your favourite? It’s Les Mis isn’t it?
- Would you rather read a book set in Paris or Rome? Paris, you know where Les Mis was set.
- Do you listen to music while you blog? You listen to Les Mis like me, don’t you?
- Do you have a favourite reading spot? Is it near your well-read copy of Les Mis?
- If you could choose to just know any other language in the world (other than what you already speak), what would it be? French? So you could read the original Les Mis not the translated one?
- What do you think is the most important thing in a book? Hope? Dreams? Love? Funnily enough, all three feature in Les Mis?
- Do you have a special go-to book when you are sick, sad, upset, etc.? If you’re interested, mine is Les Mis.
- Are you a quote person? I am. I have quotes from Les Mis on my wall.
- Have you read Les Miserables? If not, WHY NOT?