Babbling with Bookcomet 13#
The Allegiant Movie to be Split into Two Parts? (no spoilers!)
I think a few people other than myself are a little undecided about this. Of course, I hardly ever mind if a book is going to be split in two. But there’s a catch – it has to be done well.
If it’s just splitting a movie in two for the sake of it (more money, etc.), then I’m a little iffy. But if it’s due to the content and to maximise viewer enjoyment, then, well, FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!
Now I would just like to say that my credibility on whether the Allegiant movie should be split on two should most definitely be questioned. It probably would have been a good idea for me to have read the book before I did this post. Especially when it comes to me deciding on whether they can make it into two parts succesfully and where the first part will end. But meh, you can rely on my epic guessing.
Me being me, I kind of spoilt the “big” ending of Allegiant for myself. I don’t really mind, honestly I’m not surprised because I kind of predicted that. Don’t worry, I won’t spoil you.
Speaking of Allegiant, I should probably explain to any blog visitors (thank you – you are most definitely in my good books) that Allegiant is the third book in the Divergent trilogy. The first book is called Divergent, the second is called Insurgent and the third Allegiant. Divergent is about a futuristic Chicago where you are sorted into one of five factions: Erudite (intelligence), Amity (peaceful), Candor (honesty), Dauntless (bravery) and Abnegation (selfless). This trilogy is highly successful and I can personally vouch for it, you know, if you want.
And here is the cover:
I suppose I should show you the UK cover too:
Now onto my guessing as to where the movie will be split in two:
- Tris and Four will be magically be turned into frogs by a cross person from Amity (who are no longer peaceful but war-addicts). Then they’re a bit stuck because obviously they’re both frogs, so they can’t kiss and both become people. It just doesn’t work like that. One of you has to be a princess. Then Tris and Four start arguing as to which one of them is more princess-like. Then, in a mega, twist-worthy, world-shattering moment, Jeanine (the baddie) will pop up out from behind a large mushroom and reveal that she is really the princess of hats.
Don’t look at me like that. Ok, fine, a more probably but less descriptive serious version:
- Something heartbreaking will happen and the cinema lights will suddenly come on.
Apparently the first part of Allegiant is to be shown in 2016, the second in 2017.
Here are my pros and cons of splitting it in two:
- More Divergent movies!
- Something to look forward to
- People get even more excited for the second part if it ends on a cliffhanger!
- Could be horrible if uneccessarily split and causes movie to drag on
- If it ends at an exciting bit (probably guaranteed), it will be awful to have to wait for the next part
- If the first part is bad, you might dread the second (because of course, if you’re anything like me you see it anyway out of loyalty)
So what do you think about this? Did you enjoy the book/haven’t read it?