After many hours and much time spent frustrated, Bookcomet has a new look. It took a whole extra day than I thought it would to upload and update everything! Annnnyway.
So, here’s what’s new:
- New ratings! I officially rate in comets now! Here’s what the ratings mean:
5 comets = Bye, bye Earth! Out of this world!
4.5 comets = KABOOM! That only leaves one continent! One little flaw.
4 comets = Meteor shower. A great show!
3.5 comets = Looks like the start of an apocalypse. Nearly there!
3 comets = The Earth shook. If they thought the Leaning Tower of Pisa was leaning before…
2.5 comets = Minor indent. Could have been a bigger hit.
2 comets = Just scraped past. A couple of Band-Aids would fix it up.
1.5 comets = Just missed Earth. Almost ok.
1 comet = Completely missed Earth. Didn’t like.
- Social media icons! Don’t get me started on these. I had a stack of trouble image-mapping then when I did the top 4 I was so happy and then as soon as I did the next 4, something went…wrong. It’s weird, the bottom 4 have the same links as the ones above it even when the code seriously says different. Then when I moved them around, it changed so it linked to the OTHER four. Help would really be appreciated please!
- I changed my avatars, backgrounds and profile description on everything I could think of, except for GFC because it wouldn’t upload but I’m sure I will be able to change that.
- I started BookLikes! I haven’t exactly done anything but I’m about to. If you would like to follow me, my name is Bookcomet – surprise.
- Oooh! I have some new graphics! And a signature!
- Babbling with Bookcomet has a button!
- A blog button!
- Post breaks!
So, I hope that explains my posting absence yesterday! I was supposed to do this post yesterday but that, well, went down the drain.
I have been neglecting posting reviews from this year because I wanted to start them off with the new design. So no more 2013 reviews left to post – apart from four books on a tour post. 2014 reviews here I come. Don’t let me down. I can say that I have had mostly five star reviews this year and I was really excited to finally read some books I own. I have three 2014 challenges I haven’t read anything for, so I want to change that. I need to reread something and read a vampire and shifter book.
Any recommendations for that? For the shifter I can read Firelight by Sophie Jordan or Nightshade by Andrea Cremer and for vampire I have a reread of The Immortal Rules followed by The Eternity Cure by Julie Kagawa. Or I can knock all three on the head with a reread of City of Bones in anticipation for the release of City of Heavenly Fire. And/or a reread of the Night World bind-ups by L. J. Smith. So, what’s it to be?
I hope you like the new design! I have been meaning to change it for ages and have decided I like it better than the previous one. For some reason it wouldn’t load on another device, so I’m hoping the background isn’t just black to you. There should be a book.
And before I forget, one last thing: Would anyone be interested in hosting a readalong for The Mortal Instruments with me? I’ve read them all (except the last book) and since it will be released in the fifth month and there are five previous books…one per month? And/or we could do a year long readalong for Les Miserables – 100 pages per month? Since there are like 1200 pages, that would work. I will definitely be doing both, on both the blog and my readalong group, but it would be nice to have a friend/co-blogger to do it with!
Yay – I get to test a new graphic!