So here are the final 7 of 15! Once again, the level I am going for is in bold 🙂
A to Z Reading Challenge!
This challenge is hosted by Sock Poppet at Play (sign up HERE ). The aim is to read a book for each letter of the alphabet, but the catch is that the book must meet the requirement for the letter.
A is for April (the month in which you read the book)
B is for Bathing Suit (this book takes place at least partly in hot weather months)
C is for Children’s book
D is for Doctor (one of the characters)
E is for Ever (in the title)
F is for Family (book is about a family or family relationships)
G is for Geography (the story takes place in at least two different countries)
H is for Heart (it’s a love story)
I is for Ice (the setting is cold – snow, ice, rain)
J is for Jokes (the book is humorous)
K is for Keyboard (at least one character plays a musical instrument)
L is for Lamp (the book takes place before electricity was discovered)
M is for Mom (one of the characters)
N is for New-to-you author
O is for Out of This World (where the story takes place)
P is for Pilgrims (the story involves moving someplace new)
Q is for Question Mark in the title
R is for Run (the main character is running from something)
S is for Sequel to a book you’ve already read
T is for Time (the book travels time, moves through time quickly or flashes back)
U is for Useful (which you found the book to be)
V is for Veteran (at least one character is/was a member of a military force)
W is for Wind (the book blew you away)
X is for XXIV (it’s the 24th book you read this year)
Y is for Yo-Yo (your emotions were up and down as you read the book)
Z is for Zoo (there is an animal on the cover)
Seriously Series Reading Challenge
This challenge is being hosted by Reading the Paranormal and sounds SERIOUSLY fun (sign up HERE ).
There are three different catergories you can go for and levels within those catergories:
- Series started before 2014: are defined as series that you have started reading before Jan. 2014 and that you still have unread books to get current in (or finish) the series.
- Series started in 2014: are defined as any series that you start reading between Jan. and Dec. 2014, and the second book in the series must be published before December 2014.
- A series reread is defined as books that are part of a series that were read before Jan. 2014 and that are reread between Jan. 2014 and Dec. 2014: A series reread does NOT have to include the full series.
Here is the table:
|series started before 2014||series started in 2014||series rereads|
|Super Seriously Serious||13-18||13-18||13-18|
|Seriously Spectacular Series Star||18+||18+||18+|
I’m aiming for at least one series per catergory, so here are three I definitely want to read:
Series started before 2014:
- Wither by Lauren DeStefano
Series started in 2014:
- Legend by Marie Lu
- Harry Potter by J. K. Rowling
2014 Series Challenge!
This challenge is hosted over at Read. Sleep. Repeat. (sign up HERE ) and I really love her challenges, so I couldn’t resist. Her challenge is different to the challenge above.
- You have to FINISH the series
- If the series isn’t complete yet, or will not be completed before December 1st, 2014 read up to the most recent book in said series.
- Novellas count, but are optional.
- HAVE fun
- If you decide to break up with a series after book one, it does not count!
- You do not have to START the series in 2014, you just have to FINISH it in 2014
- Series that you started prior to 2014 are fine as long as you FINISH the series in 2014
- The series has to have at least 2 books out prior to December 1st, 2014
- Proof that you finished the book is required. It could be a full review, a mini review, or a rating with a few lines.
- DNF’s do not count. PERIOD.
- Bronze Badge = 1 – 3 series
- Silver Badge = 4 – 6 series
- Gold Badge = 7 – 11 series
- Platinum Badge = 12+ series
Jumble Your Genres Reading Challenge!
This challenge is being hosted by Readers Live a Thousand Lives, Corrie the Book Crazed Girl and Lovin’ Los Libros (sign up HERE ). I think it sounds really fun and I’d love to try out some old and new genres.
Here is the monthly schedule:
- The challenge will run from January 1, 2014 to December 31, 2014. Each month will have its own link form so you will be able to share your book reviews. You do not have to review the books you read to participate, but only those who read/reviewed at least one dystopian book will be able to participate in the giveaway (you can track your reading without the reviews with Goodreads, Shelfari etc.).
- Books that count in this challenge must include any form of post-apocalyptic theme (book sites like Goodreads are good sources of genre information). The books must be full-length.
- All formats allowed.
- Rereads allowed (but not the same book five times in a year!).
- It does not matter whether it’s a series or a stand-alone book.
- If you are participating, grab the challenge button from below and post it on you blog. You can also make a post with the header (the code is also below). Please include the link back to this post so others will be able to participate as well.
- If you will participate, put the sign-up link to your blog post (about the challenge) or blog (for the button) directly into the linky below. Sign-ups will be open until December 15, 2014.
- You do not have to list your books in advance, go and do as you please. Read as many as you want and whenever you want, as long as you have fun!
- Info about the giveaway will be available in December 2014.
- Do not cheat with books of other themes/genres/topics because I do check!
- Any book released in 2014 is fine
- Cross-overs allowed
- Only books read between January 1st – December 31st 2014 count
- Review Linky monthly (if others want to join in)
- Can join at any point in the year
- City Lover = 1 – 5 books
- Camper = 6 – 10 books
- Tourist = 11 – 15 books
- Backpacker = 16 – 19 books
- Gold Class = 20+ books